Friday, July 17, 2009

*On Holiday*

*
I'm at my parent's place, in the room I grew up in... on holiday. Been here since yesterday, but I think it shouldn't count. Yeah, it was crappy like that.
...
Being on vacation, sitting down to read and write can be quite a challenge. That, and back at home I was engrossed with Mahjong for DS... So much I didn't bring it with me so I would actually go out and do things.
.
Most people lay back and relax, sleeping in on vacation. I don't think I could ever. I'm here, it's the BIGGEST dance festival in the world (in number of participants, at least), there is delicious food everywhere, and an ever growing to-do list.
.
Plus, a holiday never feels like a holiday when one feels like crap. A great night of sleep and a little tight lacing helped on that one.
.
Should be getting ready soon... I wouldn't want half of my day to go to waste. Wait, what am I saying? Ah, welcome to my never ending inner dialogue.
*

*
As of recent things, last weekend we went to the Tanabata Matsuri. Always fun, specially the noms. Yeah, the food. Ok, the shopping too.
.
Monday is a blur. Odd... oh, yeah, I watched a dancing show on tv at night. Great memory, eh?
.
Wednesday was hectic. Probably why I was all stressed out yesterday. That and the 10 hour bus ride. I hate when I don't plan what I'm gonna pack properly. I mean, I almost left my makeup valise home! Was running out the door when I noticed it was missing. Can't imagine spending 9 days here without any makeup.
.
Guess who almost missed the bus?
.
Then there was yesterday. I got to Joinville (aka wicked little ghost town) before 5 am. My youngest brother picked me up. Odd. Then it rained most of the day... When I finally left the house. it was almost 6 pm. Sure, a little makeup helped me feel less crappy.
.
I left mostly to hang out with my mom and to buy a pair of jeans. Should I say I was in for a couple FML moments? Why, of course I was.
.
Like buying jeans. Fine, I got what I was looking for. Something quite plain, cheap, with a little of a rock'n'roll feel. Just that I had to get a size bigger than I normally do, and as I was leaving the sales guy just had to say "Oh, you're very pretty, despite your weight". Yeah, FML.
.
Because all one needs when in a town where every sweet and cake is delicious is to feel fat.
.
Ok, there was one good moment in my day. Maybe two... Even though I had to wait over an hour for my mom to show up (damn you, facebook!), an old fling ran into me at the bookstore I was waiting at... we went out over 9 years ago... And her comment was that I look exactly the same. Gee, thanks. I guess. Maybe I need a style makeover?
.
The other high in my day was coming home and putting on my corset and trifted flannel pajamas! Ain't they cool?
*

*
Time to shower and put my face on, for another day of running into ghosts and considering whether the calories in cake are worth it.
.
Tonight i'm gonna go watch Contemporary Ballet and Street Dance/Hip Hop with my mom...
.
It will be a late night. I have some articles to post to Luxúria tomorrow, which I have to write, and the Mister arrives in the morning. Gotta plan a fun weekend for all of us! (Can you say control freak?)
*

*
Off to La la land, to do my singing exercises in the shower.
.
Here's a little inspiration:

*

*
Have a blast this weekend!

xoxo

sweetie
*

No comments: